Saturday, May 22, 2010

Paris: How It Should Be

Paris has finally had its first full week of sunny skies and beautiful weather! Of course my friends and I have been taking full advantage of it. Now that my time in France is wrapping up I'm trying to do everything on my bucket list. This has proved to be somewhat difficult since there is still this thing called school I have to attend. My classes have been going pretty well and I've enjoyed them quite a lot. However now, everyone is beginning to leave. My own roommate left about a week ago and seems to be enjoying himself in the States. Others from my classes have left already and in a way it feels as if school is winding down. I don't have any finals since my program ends before the finals and I don't have to make them up. That makes it easy for me since all I have to do now is show up for class; we're still graded on attendance.



Today is an absolutely beautiful day! The sun is out, the birds are singing, and it’s the 21st Birthday of two of my friends here in Paris so I'm going to spend some time celebrating with them today. It's a perfect for it too!

The past week I've been just trying to soak up as much of Paris as possible. I went on a picnic with some of my friends from one of my classes in Park Butte Chaumont on Thursday. Wednesday I went to the movies and saw the new Robin Hood and Tuesday I also went to the movies, this time with friends, and we saw Greenberg. It's not the best movie in the world; I didn't care for it very much. However, it was interesting to see Ben Stiller in a more serious roll.



Last weekend I did go to Giverny, Claude Monet's Gardens. However I'm not going to post that experience today because I don't have the time available for me to do that. I will say it was as fantastic as they say it is and could quite possibly be one of the most beautiful gardens I've ever seen. I'm excited to move on with my European Adventure. Hungary seems as if it will be very fun and academically enriching which would be a change from Paris. That's not to say I haven't learned anything in Paris but it surely hasn't been very academically challenging. My French has gotten better though for now I can converse with people. I hope that everything is going well back home. There does seem to a lot of drama in major news from what I've seen. Take care everyone and enjoy spring!






















No comments:

Post a Comment