Wednesday, March 17, 2010

These past several days have gone by rather well. It's getting warmer here every day. Today and yesterday I was actually able to take my jacket off for the majority of the day.


Sunday a friend and I walked basically the length of the Champs-Elysees. We stopped and saw the l'Arc de Triomphe. We didn't go up because it was cloudy and we didn't want to spend the money on a claudy day. Then we headed towards La Defense with the Grand Arch and the skyscrapers, the new business section of Paris. It's outside of Paris proper becasue the French didn't want anything destroying their city's view. It took just about an hour including the stop at the bakery on the way there. It was kind of erie because the place was shut down since it was Sunday and there were hardly any people about and on top of that the trees are still bare. We saw the Grand Arch but once again we didn't go up because we didn't want to spend the money. We took the metro home and called it a day.


I haven't done any sight-seeing since Sunday. However yesterday another friend and I took advantage the wonderful weather and went for a run at Parc Monsouris. It has a really nice atmosphere. There were hundreds of people there running, jogging, playing tennis, kids in the play ground, and there were a lot just sitting, soaking up the first warm day of the year. It was the same story this afternoon too. The same friend and I had lunch in the Jardin du Luxembourg where we met up with some more friends. We sat and passed the afternoon away in the grass along with almost half the city, at least it seemed like it. Everyone was just lounging in the grass or on the chairs by the pond while the kids played with the sail boats. It was a nice day. Now I along with everyone else in ISA are trying to plan for Easter Break coming up the first weekend in April. It's not a long break but it's long enough. A couple of us are think of going to Rouen because it's only 26.00 euros for the round-trip.

Not sure what this weekend entails yet but it seems as if it is going to be nice so I think some sight-seeing is definitely on the menu. I haven't taken many pictures lately so I think that I will do some of that also. Spring's coming and Paris iwill be in bloom soon. I am definitely going to spend more time outside. All for now, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment