Wednesday, February 24, 2010



I began classes here on Monday. The class at l'Institut Catholique are three to four hours long. I am taking three classes. The first class I had was on Monday. It is called Langue Francaise which means French language and covers the French language. It is three hours long and meets three times a week; Monday, Tuesday, and Friday. The second class is Francais Oral. This is a spoken French class. It is three hours also and meets once a week on Monday afternoon. The final class is Histoire de France/ De Vercingetorix a Napoleon. This is a French history class that covers the time period from the time of the Gauls through the Napoleonic Era. This class also is three hours in length and meets once a week. I have this class on Thursday afternoon.

I am enjoying Paris so far, of course anyone would be crazy not to right? The transportation here is superb. There is a bus system, three tramways, and a metro system all working together to transport hundreds of thousands of people across Paris everyday. To go to school I have to take the Tram and then hop on the metro. The whole trip takes 20 to 25 minutes.

This afternoon after class I took the Metro to Notre Dame and took some more pictures. Notre Dame is my favorite famous landmark to visit because it is really easy to get to. I took some different angled pictures today and I took some pictures of the surrounding buildings and cityscape. Then I decided to explore the rest of the island, Ile de la Cite. It is a very nice area. Not too many people move past Notre Dame, Sainte Chapelle, and the Palais de Justice to explore. You really get a sense of how old the city is by the way the side streets twist and turn.

I have tomorrow off and I plan to some more exploring...

No comments:

Post a Comment